Question and Answer Forums
This add-on allows you setup forums based on Question & Answers with just a few clicks. Also, allow users to ask questions while other users are able to answer the question with multiple. Then, the question starter may then mark which answer fits best.
Question & Answer Forums allows you to turn your forum into a knowledge base, support portal, or just a questionnaire based community. Also, you can choose which forums are QA based or add a custom widget that allows your users to see which threads are unanswered.
- When creating a thread in a Q&A forum the user will be given an option for their thread to use the Q&A format and default to sorting by up/down votes.
- Optionally, a forum can be set to force all new threads to use the Q&A format.
- Upvote/downvote posts
- Threads get marked answered with a label when complete
- Display order to display either by best vote (default) or chronologically
- Enable an Unanswered Threads Widget to keep a watch out for those who need answers
- QA Forums allows you to choose which icons you want, which colors you want, and so much more through style properties.
- Users will receive an alert if their post is marked as the best answer.
- Several user criteria for use with user group promotions and other systems that support the user criteria system. Can be used to prevent users that usually receive a large number of down votes to be prevented from replying to Q&A threads, for example.
- User has had at least X best answers
- User has had no more than X best answers
- User has received at least X up votes
- User has received no more than X up votes
- User has received at least X down votes
- User has received no more than X down votes
- User has at least X vote points
- User has no more than X vote points
- Importer for [n] Best Answer / Q&A System add-on
- Up/down voting now process through AJAX and doesn't require a page reload
- Ability to hide posts if the votes fall below a specified threshold
- Created inline moderator tools to add/remove Q&A status on threads